This Job Description is a complement to any Deck Officer Job Description, applicable whenever a Deck Officer works as DPO. When so, his mission is to manoeuvre the vessel in DP following the overall ship’s command, the operations expectations and Company requirements within the vessel safe capabilities and system limits;
- Is Conversant with the vessel DP system, including its functions, the manuals and procedures ;
Aware of the DP Plan Maintenance, current status (due and overdue tasks) and the defect history.
Must report to the Master any discrepancy linked to the above;
- Receive and provide necessary written instructions from and to the others back to back DPO;
- Communicate and report to the Master any deficiency, incident or event that may potentially impact the vessel DP operation;
- Fill up all mandatory documents, checklists and logbooks related to the DP operation;
- Organize DP emergency response trainings to ensure proper reaction of DPO in case of DP real emergencies;
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all task.